|8 Ways to Protect your E-gold account Safe|
Protecting an e-gold account safe has been an increasing concern for HYIP investors for a long time. Despite continuous efforts of e-gold website to improve the security features, still a lot of HYIP investors are loosing their money due to their poor practices. |
Here are 8 ways you should practice in your daily e-gold activities to protect your account safe.
1. Use Secure Web Browser
DO NOT USE INTERNET EXPLORER, use Mozilla Firefox browser. Firefox keeps you more secure when you’re browsing the Web, by closing the door on spyware, worms, and viruses. You can download it free at: http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/
Most Trojans use IE's built-in Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) automation functions to access your e-gold account. It is not recommended to use windows Internet Explorer as your browser.
2. Never open emails containing attachments. Most likely they contain a Trojan
3. Always update your operating system for the latest system updates
To help protect your computer from the latest Internet threats, it's important to install new security updates as soon as they become available. The easiest way to do this is to turn on Automatic Updates and use the recommended setting of downloading recommended updates and installing them on a schedule you set.
To turn on Automatic Updates:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:
• Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
• Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
3. Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off.
4. Use latest versions of firewalls
If your computer is not protected when you connect to the Internet, hackers can gain access to personal information on your computer. They can install code on your computer and steal your passwords. A firewall helps to screen out many kinds of malicious Internet traffic before it reaches your system.
5. Use latest version anti-virus programs and Update your antivirus software regularly
It is most important is that you keep your computer current with the latest updates and antivirus tools, stay current about recent threats, and that you properly surf the net, downloading files, and opening attachments.
6. Bookmark the e-gold IP address
You may want to consider book marking the e-gold IP address versus the URL as your e-gold bookmark and only access it via your bookmark. The IP to bookmark is https://184.108.40.206. The reason for doing this is there are viruses such as this one: http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/default.asp?id=description&virus_k=99469 that plant fake entries in the host file which windows then uses instead of the correct IP address for the site. Using the e-gold IP address versus the URL will bypass this type of Trojan. Also, never access your e-gold account via an email message even if the message appears to come from e-gold.
7. Use the SRK feature
Always use the SRK feature to access your e-gold account, never type it in! You should first change your passphrase using the SRK feature. If your passphrase is changed using the "SRK" feature and the account is only accessed using the "SRK" feature, then your passphrase will be protected even if there is a Trojan virus on your computer. However, this is true only if you are at the correct e-gold site. To ensure you are always at the e-gold site, you may want to click the box next to your account number on the login page that says, "Store my account number on my computer". In the future when you attempt to log into your account and if the account number is not displayed, you should be wary of entering your passphrase because you may be at a fake e-gold site.
8. Verify website identity before entering passphrase
Fraudulent "phishing" websites designed to trick you into divulging your passphrase or other sensitive information are common. Spoofed e-mail (see above) is commonly used to lure victims to phishing websites. Never assume that a website is the website you intended to be at based on its appearance. Before entering your e-gold passphrase, ensure you are at the real e-gold website by:
• Checking for an active padlock in the browser status bar.
• Checking the browser location bar for a site name beginning with (exact spelling is critical): https://www.e-gold.com/
• Checking the SSL certificate being using for appropriate "Issued To", "Issued By", and Thumbprint fields. At the e-gold web site, these values are:
Issued to: www.e-gold.com
Issued by: VeriSign
Valid from: 11/22/2004 to 12/1/2006
Thumbprint: F84F 522C E958 A443 5A37 8934 6D77 2D70 096C 6A82